Well... as most of you know, this is my 5th summer to work at Pine Cove. As some of you may or may not know, pink eye runs rampant, and I mean RAMPANT, at camp. There are days when 4 counselors will suddenly be knocked out for a 24 hour period because of pink eye, which means we scramble to cover their spots. Well, being the extraordinary person I am, I had never gotten pink eye... until... this past week.
Basically I went to sleep Wednesday night to a friend saying, "your eyes are really pink." Which I of course responded, "it's nothing, just allergies." But when I woke up Thursday morning, I think my body had exploded with basically every form of mucus... our the eyes, the nose, the mouth. Disgusting? Yes. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and pink eye and was put in quarantine for 24 hours. It was a lovely 24 hours, in which I rested and read a lot. A break I definitely needed.
I read a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. If you are looking for a book to read that could change your life, read it. Basically, it is about what happens when your life is radically transformed by the love of God... I am definitely still processing it and praying that God would continue to show me areas of my life that are not fully given over to Him.
Camp is just stinking hilarious. I wish you could all see it happen... maybe this week I'll try to take some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment