Monday, March 9, 2009

a famous arm came to my classroom today.

What? Yes... a famous arm.

Setting: The first 5 minutes of my Global Politics course (which is ridiculously confusing I might add) in the Allen Building, aka, the Bush School. I sit on the 3rd row against the wall... the same wall that the door to the classroom is on. So if the door was open, I wouldn't be able to see what was going on in the hall. My prof walks to the door to shut it, when "someone" walks past and says "hello" and holds out his hand, which creeps through the frame in order for me to see it fully. My prof eagerly shakes his hand, then proceeds to shut the door on him.

Everyone gets excited in my classroom while I ask, "who was it? who was it?"

It was Former President George Bush. and I saw his arm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! haha

The Neelys said...

haha this is great! too bad he didnt actually come in the classroom :)

Unknown said...

you always have the coolest experiences!

Anonymous said...

You were close to being at the right place at the right time. I'm thinking your prof must be a "D". Otherwise, the former prez would have been invited in!

Jane Newton said...

I shook that famous hand back in the day~