Thursday, September 3, 2009

they call me Auntie Kimbo

Emily Kay Redwine.
Born Monday, August 31st in the early evening.

My mother woke me up in the middle of the night Sunday night telling me she was going to Dallas because Melissa was headed to the hospital. I waited all day Monday for a wonderful message that Emily was here and was good to go (no health concerns or anything). And boy were they right... I was privileged to take my grandparents down to Dallas on Tuesday for the day to see her and Melissa & Brady at the hospital.

(I now claim full aunt rights to take thousands of pictures and post them unashamedly.)





with mom.


family together.


BFFE AE AE AE... (best friends forever, and ever, and ever, and ever...)

Papaw, Melissa, Emily, Vicki...great grandparents!

with my mother... now "Gigi"


"hey girl hey!"


with doting father, Brady


"this is the life..."

1 comment:

Just the Spechts said...

Ok, so I don't know if you've been an aunt long enough to join me in this beef, but here it is.... Have you realized that the grandparents get their names from the first grandkids and then us younger siblings are just stuck with them!? My parents became Nana and Poppi when Abby was born and now they're forever Nana and Poppi, no matter what we think! Ok, now that I think about it, having nieces is way better than picking grandparent names, so I guess I'm ok with it!! :)