Tuesday, November 17, 2009

so I'm still in the Forge

Hello! I am still here in the Forge, and I'm alive, I promise! Though there have been times in the past few weeks were I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it (ask me about this later) I am still here and kickin. I get to go home for Thanksgiving next week and am so excited and eager to rest for a few days.

I thought I'd give a few highlights from the past few weeks that have been really influential for me (note. there are a TON of things I could put but am just picking a few that aren't too telling but give a good impression of what we are being taught).

The 24 of us got to spend an hour and a half with Dr. Howard Hendricks at DTS and it was incredible. Literally when he walked in I began to tear up because I know just from my limited perspective how influential he has been in people's lives. He loves to teach and he loves his students and that is so obvious. To see his love for teaching others to be followers of Jesus Christ is just really encouraging. He was made to do something and he does it well...

Being here and living very closely with 23 others who you do everything with helps to bring your faults to the surface very clearly and constantly. It is both a challenge and an encouragement to be honest about your sin and to let others love you in the midst of the things that aren't pretty about yourself. One of our speakers, John Hawkins, said this in regards to this issue:
“Confess and press. Move on, don’t brush over it. When God begins to purge you of things, God slowly begins to put your sin in front of you, even with other people. Trust that God can use you, even in your sin.”

The HOLIDAY CUPS came out at Starbucks... one of my favorite things of the holiday season!! This is Jenn and I on the day the holiday cup came out celebrating the beginning of the Christmas season!

Jenn, Ashley, and I at Southwestern on one of our seminary visits. Two of my three other roommates from junior year of college! I just love and miss my friends a lot... just so you all know you are loved. :)

No comments: