The adventures of being an aunt... "Aunt Kimbo" as I have tried to go by... Key word there is "tried". You see my little 19-month old niece calls me "DooDo". Close? Eh... Not so much. But I'll take it! In fact, it's almost worth it to be called DooDo because she is the one saying it.

I love being an aunt. I love watching her learn 24 different family member's names and getting excited to see them all. I love that she has preferences and things unique to her and her personality. I love that she laughs at funny things and songs we make up.

Yesterday I had my first skype date with Melissa and Emmy. I think she was confused at first but quickly got a hold of it. She said, "DooDo!" and then we danced to Justin Bieber (don't judge... he sings about babies). Then we sang Itsy Bitsy Spider and played with my (ahem) stuffed animals. It was a treat. She is so precious and I just love her!

(above) we are playing with a modern day paper doll. Awesome invention.
(below) I'm just being a creeper in the car. haha. I actually didn't even know I made the photo til afterwards.

Emmy, you are such a sweet little girl. I am excited to watch you grow and be a part of your life. The day we can sit and talk about things you can't talk to your mom about anymore will be a sweet day. But I cherish these sweet "DooDo" and dancing to Bieber moments. I'll get a puppy for our next skype date. :)
2 comments:
This installment got me all teary-eyed. So sweet. Thanks for being my "blogger" kid :).
Emmy said she loves her "DooDo". I love you too and the way you love her. Thanks Kimbo.
Post a Comment