Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mission: Possible! Austin

Recently I realized I had not taken the time to write about my job and what has been going on there. As I got the flu this past week, I've been processing my time at MP. It's been a little over a year now since I've been working there. That means, that last weekend's Spring Retreat, was the first thing I've done a second time around. Last year, Spring Retreat was the first thing I was put in charge of, and now I've done it twice. Crazy how time flies.


So a lot has happened at MP in the last year. More staff have changed. Our programs have grown and changed. New kids are consistent in our programs, and new volunteers are coming to develop relationships. It's been a crazy year of watching God show Himself faithful.

For me personally, God continues to open doors and show me more about Himself and who I am through my time at MP. I've spent the last few months in conversations about what my best fit is and so we are trying me out in a new role. Basically, within our very small staff, we've been realizing that my gifts in communication and organization are needed within the entire organization and not just within the programs I was overseeing. So as my role is changing, we are looking to fill the Child & Community Outreach Coordinator role. I am moving into a position titled, Communication and Development Manager. Basically, I oversee all of our communication with the public and within the organization as well as developing our relationships with churches and volunteers. Please pray for our staff as we continue to search for this person to fill the role and also for smooth transitions.


I've been learning a lot about following Jesus each and every day. So often the things that we are faced with at MP are overwhelming to me. But I have to realize, they are not overwhelming to God. He knows every hair on my head, and thus knows exactly how He wants to use me on this earth for His glory. He also knows that same thing about every person we interact with.

I look at these pictures of children and volunteers and choose to trust God that He has a plan and is working it out for His glory for each individual we come in contact with. The Gospel is being spoken, relationships are being formed, and we are continuing to press hard into the lives of those we know at MP. Sin's bondage is so strong, and yet the power of God is much stronger. That is a truth I continue to hold on to and trust in when things get overwhelming. I am just so grateful that our God is so personal and so cares for each of us. I love that about Him. I hope that you are experiencing His love today.

No comments: