Today is my little brother's birthday! I am one of those sisters that thinks very highly of my brother because he. is. awesome. I don't know what it is, but I tell stories about him to my roommates and friends, and even last night the comment was made, "I wish I could hang out more with Zach!"
I remember his cowboy boots and sweatshirts tucked in days...
I remember having rooms across the hall from one another and sharing a bathroom...
I remember his awesome bunk beds and his huge lego table...
I remember his early Crusaders soccer team days when my Mom coached...
I remember his animated Batman watching days...
his Barwise days when I picked him up from school and we started becoming more of friends...
his high school days and him getting into running...
getting to travel to Africa together in 2007 and sharing that experience...
and his senior year when I finally convinced him to go to Pine Cove and prayed he'd want to be a Young Gun...
and then his Pine Cove Young Gun days when I was so nervous the first few nights I could hardly sleep...
his A&M days when his amount of Aggie Spirit surpassed my amount of Aggie Spirit before he got to campus...
his college date party days and giving advice on relationships...
his first marathon and all his races since...
our adventures skiing and mountain biking and hiking...
getting him to do a triathlon and him not liking it...
our inside jokes, "your head... it's getting so big!" ...
having deep conversations about life...
and watching him grow up into a man who loves Jesus.
Happy 22 wittle bruver!
You are a brother and a best friend to me,
kimbo
2 comments:
Love this!
So blessed to have kids who love each other and desire to spend time together. Praising our Lord who designed our family!
MOM
Post a Comment