Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Seasons Changing

It has been almost a month since my last post. A lot has happened. We packed. We reflected. We moved. I sit in a new house, in a new part of town, with a new season ahead. 

Being the reflector that I am, we took some time last week as roommates to think through our time in Sweetwater and to talk through what we'd like this new season of life to be like. To be honest, we weren't fully "in the mood" to remember. But we tried. Moving is exhausting. Trying to engage emotionally in the midst of all of that has been even more difficult. And then there are relationships and work and life that keep happening in the midst of it all. 

But, I know one thing. We are blessed, blessed, blessed women. We had multiple friends and family at the Sweetwater house on Friday loading a truck. Saturday at 6am we had friends and family at our new house, ready to clean (and I mean CLEAN). Some of them stayed until 11:00 pm. People came in, scrubbing floors for hours (mom), scrubbing walls and floor boards, and getting roach poop out of drawers (Lara). As PaToya and I ran to Salvation Army at one point Saturday we talked through how certain details had been taken care of throughout the day and we were in shock.

God has blessed us with dear friends and family who love and serve people so well. And as this season changes, and the Sweetwater era comes to a close, I'm reminded of one thing in particular, that God is abundant in His care. I've been amazed in the last few months at God's provision through the most unexpected of circumstances. I have tried for much of life to plan, to follow my plans, and to fight for regularity and consistency. And yet, Jesus seems to be a little more unpredictable than my plans. So instead of making rigid plans, I am choosing to follow Him into this next season of life and say that I trust Him. I trust His goodness (because by golly He gives His kids good gifts!), His provision (most recently through community and sweet relationships), and His timing (we live in a new place, who knew!?). 








And we invite you all in dear friends. Come over. Enjoy tea, or coffee, or a good paleo treat (from this gluten-free, dairy free household). We'd love to share a good conversation with you about God's goodness, His provision for us and for how He leads us into new seasons. Oh the joy of following our Savior through the seasons of life! 

No comments: