Sunday, April 27, 2008

i love bargain shopping... most of the time

So I was talking to my sista Melissa one day explaining to her my intense love for bargain shopping. She does not maintain this love but sought to help me in my search for new bargain shops... thus, she told me about Steinmart. I hadn't ever been there so I thought I'd give it a try.

Now a bit about my love for bargain hunting, the store should basically consist of about 70% junk/ 30% sweet bargains. I knew at the onset, Steinmart was out of my league, it had displays, not just any display with fake flowers and nicely-used clothing, but REAL displays. So from the get-go I was a bit skeptical. I proceeded onwards and upwards in hopes that I would find some awesomely cheap curtains.

After looking around for 20-30 minutes and not finding any curtains or anything cheap enough or broken enough to buy, I decided to head out. But on my way out, the jewelry section caught my eye. I proceeded over and found these really cool, fashionable rings on the counter. There was this black flower one made of some sort of glass-like material that I decided to try on. And then... it wouldn't come off. And I don't mean a sort of kinda-stuck... I mean, REAL stuck. I literally, no exaggeration, stood there for 15 minutes trying to pull my skin through that silly thing. The girl behind the counter told me finally that at the front of the store they kept hand sanitizer...

Sweet, I thought. So I went up there, asked the cashier and lathered my finger up in order to get out of Steinmart. As I went to pull it off it flung, yes flung, across the front of Steinmart and shattered on the ground. The girl at the jewelry counter responded with, "Oh, that stinks." The lovely people at Steinmart just looked at me, waiting for me to pick it up and get out of their store... I did just that.

Moral of the story: Unless you want to spend $11.58 on a shattered ring, bargain shopping is meant to remain at my personal favorites: Goodwill or Ross. :)

No comments: