Saturday, June 21, 2008

my name is Funky Chick'n and I'm here to say... I'm the baddest chicken in the USA

I made the title of this entry up this morning when I was walking across camp. So I am constantly realizing just how ridiculous my life is:
  • This morning I stood under an air vent for 20 minutes holding freshly painted cat ears, hoping they would dry in enough time for them to be worn in a skit.
  • Friday night I dressed up as a hick named "Gary Ann... a hick with su-weet kicks" in order to lead 250 children to a mud pit where they could attack their counselors.
  • Thursday morning I was an aspiring actor who sang opera to the entire dining hall unashamedly
  • Tuesday night I was a nerdy science student who helped the children travel to the future
Those are just a few glimpses into my life... just a few.

This week was great... hard, but great. I wish I could clearly explain everything that happened but I know that that is not possible. If I could talk about one thing in particular I learned this week, it would be that God has a reason for everything. He is beyond my understanding and yet all that happens to me and to those around me is within His knowledge. God works small things and big things to be glorifying to Him. Even the hard things. I had to do a lot of things that were not necessarily the most exciting/ fun things this week, such as challenge some of good friends to go beyond themselves and be brutally honest with each other, or discipline a cabin of 3rd grade girls. Talking to eight 3rd graders about what it means to love each other and forgive each other based on the love and forgiveness they've been given through Jesus is so affirming for me. This is because it makes you really confirm what it is that you believe for yourself. I could not have talked to those girls had I not truly believed that the Lord uses discipline to teach and grow those who are His. Granted, five of them were crying by the end of the meeting which really breaks my heart, but at the same time, they were broken in the midst of their guilt and sin that they had been living in.

I love what I am doing, truly love it and could not be more excited to wake up every morning and live out each day. There are days that I fall asleep broken and hurting for others but knowing that Jesus is the ONLY one who can save this world.

What would this world be like if as Believers of the Truth we were truly broken for the Lost, truly broken for those that hurt? I think this world would look a little bit differently.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Kimbo, love your poem.....and your blog.
Yo name be Kimbo
and yo here to stay
We lifts yo up
In prayer each day!

Brenda said...

Guess who came up with the rap?