Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wichita Falls... my new (?) home

It's official, according to Wells Fargo and the USPS that I live in Wichita Falls. So I guess that means it is official. I have been here for almost two weeks, where I helped Zach get ready for Pine Cove and saw him graduate high school (pictures to come). As well as found a job...

I am babysitting every week day for a few hours for a two girls, 9 and 12 years old. They are fun and I enjoy hanging out with them! Stories to come from this I am sure...

Random other things:
  • Bought a road bike last week which comes in in the next few days... gonna start cycling and perhaps do the Hotter'n Hell 100... we shall see.
  • Going to Colorado next week for First Baptist's Sr. High Camp. Pray for that... I am excited and eager to hang out with those peeps.
  • Christy Nockel's new c.d. is awesome... former wife in the Watermark duo that I LOVED in high school. Her husband is now a producer and let's just say they put out good stuff...
"A Mighty Fortress" ... an excerpt, check it out:

A mighty fortress is our God
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign

Our God is, jealous for His own
None could comprehend, His love and His mercy
Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He’s worthy...

shalom,
kimbo

1 comment:

Just the Spechts said...

Ok, so my in laws and husband (and maybe me, if pigs start to fly) are considering doing the HNH 100 this year, too. If you did it and Mel, too, we could have a pretty strong Ginnings/Lanford/Specht team out there. We should get jerseys or t-shirts made! I'm thinking our name could be "Tooter's Team" in honor of our beloved patriarch! Think about it.....