Gotta love vacation right?! I was able to go to New Mexico two weeks ago with my parents and have such a great time. You know those families that go to the beach and I guess lay on the beach all week? Yeah, that's not my family... I actually don't think I've ever been to the beach with my family. We are mountain people, kinda like this guy right here...
| marmot = mountain beaver |
We rest but we also play, and play hard.
Day 1: We went jeeping up a crazy path to an awesome lake in the middle of the mountains.
Day 2: Ziplining across mountain tops. Pretty legit. The zips were forever long it seemed. It was awesome and now I've been ziplining twice with my parents.
Day 3: Hiked up New Mexico's highest mountain with my dad, Wheeler Peak. Then we all met up and had an incredible dinner. Lambert's in Taos, NM. Do it... it'll make your top 5 meals ever. And if it doesn't I'll let you take me back with you and I'll convince you of it. You can foot the bill. You're welcome.
![]() |
| before summiting Wheeler Peak |
![]() | ||
| outside Lambert's in Taos |
| on the summit |
Day 4: Rest. And by rest I mean we built (mainly my dad) a walking trail around my grandparent's property. It'll be great for snowshoeing and for mountain biking. We also finished the Bourne trilogy that we watched all of on the trip.
![]() |
| walking the trail at my grandparents |
Day 5: Dad and I rented mountain bikes and rode those things down the ski mountain. Sound intense? It was. There was one point where I flew over my handle bars. I just got over the bruises from that fall... but it was TOTALLY worth it.
![]() |
| after coming down the mountain |
Then to top it all off, I got to go to Arkansas that weekend for a Forge brother's wedding. Such an awesome wedding. You know it's gonna be a party when glow sticks are thrown onto the dance floor.
It was an awesome week. Full of fun things and really fun people. It's always good to be back in Austin though and doing life here. More to come soon friends...








1 comment:
LOVE the Bourne Triology- have you seen the new one yet?
Post a Comment