Sunday, August 18, 2013

Moving. Transitions. Reflecting.

If you read my last blog, then you were made aware that I am moving. I am not moving alone, absolutely not. As roommates we began discussing our current stage of life, proximity to work and social things, and made a decision as a group early in the summer to be open to moving from northwest Austin. We haven't had the capacity to go out searching for a place to live more central, but a place came to us. Basically, it's an opportunity to live across the street from some friends of ours in Tarrytown, at a bargain of a price. We are taking this opportunity to move and enjoy Austin from a different perspective. 

The facts: 
We move September 15th. The Sweetwater house is up for sale. We are moving as roommates, and made that decision together. We have loved our home. We are excited about the newness and a new season of life. 

Life lately has been extremely full for me. I've felt unable to do things I regularly do in order to make time for some of life's newest transitions. Moving is definitely one of those. Last week my mom came in town and began the process of packing and staging the home for being on the market. I haven't honestly had time to process this change, and the many other changes happening around me. I'm a processor. If you've spent my birthday or someone else's birthday with me in recent years, you know that. If you are close to me, you probably know that to a fault or have been effected by my need to process. 

For the sake of sharing, these are some of the things I like to process at transition points in life, and will be doing soon enough with the transition from the Sweetwater house. Perhaps they will stir within you a deeper desire to reflect, in order that you might remember the Lord's faithfulness throughout different seasons of your life. 

What was missing from this season as you look back?
What did you most enjoy about this season?
What did you accomplish that you are the most proud of?
What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring?
How would you describe how the Lord dealt with you through this season?
What were the major lessons you learned?
Who or what most encouraged you?
How did I steward what was given to me?
Who did I influence? Who influenced me?
Who did God put in my path that challenged me or grew me in a way I didn't expect?

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thanks Kimbo for this post! Definitely favoriting so that I can refer to this later? YES. Being the internal processor (and one that likes closure)that I am, these are helpful questions to ask. Your blogs are always so insightful!