Tuesday, May 6, 2008

College through the eyes of a bear?

As I type this, I have one final left of my "first" senior year. It is quite a time of reminiscing since the majority of my closest friends will not be here when I return next spring. With every day the past week and a half, I have just pondered the incredible friendships I've been blessed with through college thus far and the wonderful memories I have made. Those memories range from wonderful, heartfelt, hard conversations to things like this...

After a typical late Monday night at Paige/Noel/Marge's place I got home. It was around 11 pm and I found Kristen alone sitting on the couch. I was tired and extremely disgusting and ready to go to bed, but instead this conversation occurred.
Kristen: "We should do something. We only have two nights left together so we should do something."
Me: "Like what? Go to sonic and get a drink or something?"
Kristen: "I mean yeah, we could do that... OR we could do something with Humphrey!" (Humphrey is our large stuffed bear that lives in our living room)
Me: "Like take him into Sweet Eugene's and try to find a table with him or order him a drink!"
Kristen: "Yeah... well... I don't know. I just wanna do something."
(ponder, ponder, ponder)

This is what we came up with:

This is Humphrey at the Administration Building on campus... a beautiful representation of our college experience.


This is Humphrey in front of Blue Baker. I think Blue Baker probably made more money off of me in college than any other establishment in my entire life... possibly including Texas A&M... err, maybe not, it's a toss up. (No pun intended).


This is me slyly holding Humphrey up on the porch of the Kappa house. I just love this for so many reasons. I think deep down he bleeds blue and blue.


This is me and Humphrey kickin it around College Station after midnight...

College. yep, that's what I love about it. :)

1 comment:

Just the Spechts said...

wow - this makes me miss undergrad! There's nothing else like it! One time I went puddle jumping around midnight all over campus. One of those Chicago times where it had rained for days straight. It finally stopped and we had to do something outside! Good times, good times! So glad you're blogging - I love keeping up with you guys!!