Thursday, August 28, 2008

Guanajuato = Beautiful

I am in Guanajuato, Mexico. I am moved in to my home for the next few weeks... it is a beautiful city. Absolutely beautiful. We arrived here last night after a 5 hour bus ride from Mexico City and Teotihuacan.

This first picture is from Tuesday at the Museum of Anthropology. It was a cool museum with a lot of cultural history.

We then went to Teotihuacan on Wednesday morning. Awesome. I have never seen any sort of historical buildings quite like the pyramids at Teotihuacan. They are still not quite sure who built them, though the Aztecs did use them for religious and ceremonial procedures, such as sacrifices. There is a place called the Calle de los Muertos... the Road of the Dead. Basically it was awesome... and really cool to see all of these things I have learned about but never seen outside of a piece of paper.

We arrived in Guanajuato and went to our host home where I live with another girl, Teryn (in the photo below). We share a room and a bathroom. Pictures will come at some point of that. This city if beautiful: windy streets, few cars, people everywhere, brightly colored. I love it thus far. I am excited to have more of a schedule and a daily routine... though it will be very relaxed and simple. My family is very nice and generous.

We have internet in our house, so skype will be quite easy. I have many thoughts that I want to put on "paper"/ this blog that are soon to come.

P.S. I laughed quite hard when I saw my comments from my last post. I want to redeem myself to some point by saying my gut instinct was to say the song was by Steven Curtis Chapman and was convinced into thinking it was Michael W. Smith. Never again. haha.

No comments: