Reference Michael W. Smith anyone... when I was in the Houston airport yesterday for nearly 7 hours, that was the only song that was in my head... and the only line to that song. Thank you early 1990s.
Well... I arrived in Mexico City last night around 12:30 AM. We then went through customs and traveled to our hotel, putting my to sleep last night around 2:30. Crazy start to a crazy semester. Today we woke up and had breakfast at 8:30... followed by a day of tourism and crazy-awesome cultural sites around the City.
Favorite thing I saw today: Murals by Diego Rivera. Literally, they almost took my breath away. Kinda lame perhaps but that's what you get for me having a focus on Latin American art and culture.
The people in my group are extremely diverse. We are literally from all over the country. The first person I met in my group had never heard of Texas A&M... crazy. My roommate's name is Teryn. She is from Iowa and already a huge answer to prayer. We spent a few hours this afternoon talking about all sorts of things. It is going to be a blessing to have her... more about that in another post I'm sure.
Tomorrow we are going to see Teotihuacan... something I am very much looking forward to, then heading to our host homes in Guanajuato. We are getting there by a charter bus for all those people nervous about that. We begin class next Monday... so I'll be doing other things, I guess, until then.
4 comments:
Oh Kimmy..... It's Seven Curtis Chapman, not MWS!! Saddle up your horses!! haha!! :)
Make that Steven CC, not Seven... you get what I mean!
well.... i was gonna say that it was steven curtis chapman, but i guess i dont need to... miss you!
Oh Bethy, you're awesome...Kimbo, I laughed at that comment too! Love you!
Post a Comment