Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Puerto Vallarta Weekend...

We didn't have school on Tuesday due to Mexican Independence Day, thus 11 of us went to Puerto Vallarta to hang out on the beach. I personally enjoyed the extended weekend for my time to read and just watch the waves.

I have been reading a book by Dallas Willard called The Divine Conspiracy. It is incredible and I was unable to put it down basically the entire weekend. Perhaps I will have a post on the book alone as soon as I finish in the next week or so.

The resort was called Golden Crown Paradise and was all-inclusive and right on the beach.

One funny story: I went to a four-course meal on Sunday night... which I love by the way. Sometimes I just find it funny when people get dressed up for things they typically don't do. I mean I don't daily live "refined" so to say, but this night I was trying my best. The workers there are not actively involved in a refined lifestyle either... it just is kinda all showy. Needless to say the wonderful man with the bread basket came by and asked if I wanted bread. Of course I did, so he proceeded to place two fancy rolls on my plate. Then he went to grab the butter ball with his tongs and as he went to put it on the bread plate, it dropped right into my water glass. I looked at him and he at me, and we just died laughing. I loved it... butter in my water! hah.

Here are some photos...
This was from a show they did that was in honor of Disney. The costumes were quite elaborate and they basically just had the main song from many different Disney films put to choreographed dances. The neon lighted Little Mermaid was definitely the funniest.






This is the beach surrounded by mountains... beautiful.













This was one of the sunsets I caught while walking to dinner one night. So pretty!












Random things going on...
  • tomorrow is my first grammar test covering primarily the subjunctive tense, both present and past... we shall see how that goes
  • the weather this morning was quite chilly, perhaps because I was used to the sunny weather on the beach... I had to purchase hot chocolate. Reminded me of the upcoming colder weather that Peru will have.
  • two weeks from Friday we leave here... weird. Especially since today feels like a Monday but is actually a Wednesday.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess the water was "like butta"......yeah that was lame. I didn't even laugh. sigh. ANYWAY! When you go to Peru you have to try Cuy. Cuy = guinea pig!!!! They eat it like mad.

I'm listening to Death Cab right now. "Company Calls" is the name of the song.

I think i will go right you on facebook. talk to you soon.