Thursday, October 2, 2008

Birthdays Galore... and a lil something more!

Today is a BIG DAY! It is a day of celebration! October 3rd marks the birth of my father, Mr. Marke Douglas Ginnings, as well as the birth of one of my best friends, Miss Anna Kristen Segulja... and the day I leave Mexico. WOWZAS!!

Marke Douglas Ginnings, "the father" (said as it is on Home Alone 2) has a birthday today! And what a father he is... I have the greatest dad in the world. And I don't say that near enough. :) I love you Dad, Dadd-O, mi padre... I love talking with you about everything from politics to current events to "what do I do in this situation"... I love going on bike rides with you or drinking coffee with you or trying to have a book club with you. I am eagerly awaiting the day I return and can give you a big hug! But until then, Happy Birthday!

Anna Kristen Segulja, known to her true followers as "K-Dawg"... ok, maybe that is just me. But hey, I'd follow her. Kristen and I became "friends" at Pine Cove (what do ya know) in 2005. We then solidified our friendship sophomore year through Youth Impact and early morning (as well as late night) Sweet Eugene's. I have more memories with Kristen than I can count and we shared a room last year... haha... just saying that makes me think of all the billions of times we laughed. I want so badly to tell a thousand stories right now, but no one else would laugh. Kristen has been dubbed "my daily friend" by yours truly because she is the friend who I can and have spent the entire day with, from waking up to putting my head on the pillow, and never really need a break apart. Even now... we communicate nearly every day. Crazy! I wish I could be with you today on your 23rd birthday, but I can't... I have a bus to catch tonight to Mexico City...
So I leave Guanajuato tonight, October 3rd at 10:30 PM. We travel on a private charter bus (very safe) to Mexico City to catch our flight at 6ish in the morning on Saturday. We then fly to San Salvador, El Salvador and have a 6 hour layover. We leave San Salvador around 1:30 PM on Saturday, to arrive in Lima, Peru around 7 PM. It'll be a crazy day of traveling but that's what it takes to go to another hemisphere...

til we meet in Peru... :) hugs all around.

No comments: