Monday, October 6, 2008

first day of class + a tremor

Happy First Day of School in PERU everyone! Here is another first day of school picture with me sitting on my bed. Today I had Art and Culture of Peru. We meet a few times a week for 4 hours. Today was 4 hours of slides about Pre-Hispanic and Colonial Peruvian art slides in Spanish. Thank goodness for the 20 min. coffee break in the middle of class.

So, random... but as I was sitting here about to type my post, there was a small tremor (like a mini-earthquake). That was my first experience with the ground shaking. It lasted maybe 2 seconds and just kinda shook. I thought it was a big car driving by at first. Then I remembered my room is in the back of the house... it'd have to be a HUGE car.

Tomorrow is our first day of Business Spanish which is everyday from 9:30-12.

Big things from today: learning how to use the public transportation. At one point, on the way home with our Senora who came to school to show us how to get home, my roommate and I were dying laughing at how chaotic the entrance and exits to the bus seem. It costs about$0.33 to ride the bus to school. Tomorrow is the test to see if we know exactly how to get there. It all comes down to if we get our phrases down correct, thank goodness we wrote it all down!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I love your first day of school pic too!! I great new pic for the blog...Lima looks like a beautiful place!