Saturday, November 29, 2008

Beautiful Uruguayan Day Trip

So yesterday, Friday the 28th, Melissa and I headed over to Colonia, Uruguay. It was a 1-hour boat ride on a ferry/cruise ship type of vessel. We got our passports stamped (always a bonus!) and just basically got to relax and walk around a beautiful city all day. We ate a traditional Uruguayan dish we read about. It was a lot of meat, among other things.

We bought some cool souvenirs, and just got to take pictures. I have learned, though I already knew this, that photography is something I love very much. It doesn't hurt when you have a beautiful place to photograph, but it is really just so much fun. Perhaps I'll start a photography business (Kristen?)... haha.
One of my favorite stories from the day was when a small boy, holding a kitten next to the road turned to me and said, "hola senora, quiere un gatito?"... which basically, he greeted me like I was an older adult and asked me if I wanted a small cat. I told him no. He then said something to the effect of they were left in a tree. I told him he could keep it. haha. And walked away. It was awesome. Senora... ha. I'm 22.

Today Melissa and I got up and made blueberry pancakes once again. We then headed out to hit up some markets and stores. We made some good purchases and saw some cool stuff. The more I walk around Buenos Aires, the more I am intrigued. There is just so much to do here, and my feet tell me that Melissa and I have definitely done a lot this past week.

Hah. Today we were walking down the street and passed one of the millions of ice cream shops. There was this cardboard man with ice cream as a poster in front of the store, and this little girl passed it and said out loud (and quite cheerfully), "Hola Senor Helado!"... Which translates to, "Hello Ice Cream Man!". Melissa, in her thorough knowledge of Spanish now, even knew what she said and we both laughed out loud. It was great!

No comments: