We have hit up two "ferias" (or day markets) where I have made many more purchases than Melissa. We have wandered the city and used the public transportation system... saving lots of money that way, I might add. It's been a lot of fun thus far!! It's just fun for me to be able to share these experiences with someone who I will see when I get back.
One funny story per blog post:
So for those who don't know this, I have a thing for butterflies. It began a little over a year ago, but now, I love them and buy things with butterflies, though I do try to limit myself. I never wanna be "the butterfly girl"... those sorts of things can irritate me. Anyways, so I have been looking for a butterfly ring since I've been abroad. Yesterday we went to this awesome market where I found different ones, but never the "perfect" one. Until we showed up at this booth near the end of the day where he had two butterfly rings, different sizes and the one that fit was a little dirty and somewhat tarnished looking, as well as being 5 pesos more. I decided it was more important to have one that fit... so I went to dish out the 35 pesos when he gave it to me for the equivalent of the other. I was thrilled. Then, thinking I was taking my dirty ring home, he proceeded to shine it and make it glimmer in the sun... It was beautiful! The perfect ring... he went to hand it to me saying, "a beautiful butterfly for a beautiful flower (that's me)"... I went to grab it and then butterfingers over here dropped it right on the dirty ground. I laughed... He laughed... the ring made it to my finger.
Enjoy the photos!
2 comments:
Wait a second... after that great story - no picture of the butterfly ring! I feel cheated! So glad that you and Missy are together - have tons of fun!! :)
have fun!! that's so great. i can't wait to see your butterfly ring.. picture please.
Post a Comment