Thursday, November 27, 2008
el Día de Acción de Gracias (Thanksgiving!!)
Today was Thanksgiving... a day to remember, most definitely. Melissa and I woke up later than usual and made blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I love pancakes and waffles, and have really missed homemade pancakes or waffles since I've been abroad. In Wichita, my Dad makes waffles a lot. And at school, we made pancakes a lot. So breakfast this morning was a great reminder of home.
Then Melissa and I walked around Palermo (our neighborhood) through parks and then got to go paddle boating. It was extremely fun and something that we had been planning on doing for a while. It was a great, fun, relaxing afternoon in the park.

After we paddle boated we ate hot dogs from a park vendor. This was also a great reminder of home, since on Thanksgiving night we always have a hot dog roast and make s'mores as well. It was Thanksgiving "dinner" for lunch...
Melissa and I have been doing the best this week to get all the ingredients we need to be able to make our Grandmommy's ranch biscuits. We finally got everything we thought would be possible, as well as ordering take out from T.G.I.Friday's, and an apple cake and whipped cream, AS WELL AS tang! It was all the things we thought would be necessary to re-create Thanksgiving here in Argentina. The ranch biscuits ended up different from Grandmommy's but were still really good. It was such a blessing to have Melissa here with me in Buenos Aires to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends and family. I am extremely grateful for each of you and cannot wait to actually hug yall and tell you how much I missed each one of you! I hope you were reminded clearly today about God's blessings in your life. I definitely feel blessed... Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment