Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Today is Tara Suel's Birthday!! (and Sera Suel)
As I walk around different cities and countries... I have this fond love for finding cool trees. One of my dearest friends who shares that same love has a birthday today... THE Tara Suel. Not only do we share a love for trees, but also for random craft items (such as cool pens, journals, paper, buttons, fabric, etc.) but also for coffee and Starbucks. And I might add, there are very few people who I would be willing to wake up for at 5:50am in order to be at an outdoor pool by 6:15am in February... Tara is that person. And yes, we did swim in an outdoor pool last spring... from cold days to warm days. Those were some funny early morning memories. Happy Birthday Tara! Some tree photos in honor of Tara...


On Monday, Melissa and I probably walked more miles than we ever expected. We took a 45 minute bus ride to La Boca in order to see the interesting painting of the buildings. The photo of me is from La Boca... also home to Buenos Aires' beloved soccer team.
Later we walked around, somewhat backtracking at times... to find different spots where we had read about. One of the cooler places was a building that used to be the tallest building in South America. It was supposed to have tours on the hour, but the guide was studying for the day... so we gave ourself a "self-guided" tour and went to the top of this building where the roof was just littered with random items, as if no one had ever stepped foot out there for a tour. It was perhaps one of those moments where you think, should we be here? But then... why not? We WILL take photos of this city... Melissa's photo is from the top.
Later Monday night we went to one of the BEST restaurants I've ever eaten at. Incredible tenderloin, an incredible baked potato and some awesome starter items consisting of different breads with dips. The view of the harbor at sunset helped as well. We enjoyed that meal thoroughly after a long day of walking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment