Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Because setting goals for me is fun...

A few random things to spice up your life:

  • Cousin Bethy mentioned listening to Brooke Fraser. I would like to say that Brooke has been a part of my itunes library for almost a year now. She quite possibly could change you life. Her live album is awesome, though the Albertine album is good as well. My favorites of her songs, which everyone should look in to, are: C.S. Lewis Song, Arithmetic, and Hymn.
  • I have made a few goals for myself during this study abroad trip... I would like to put them into cyberspace for the purpose of accountability.
    • 1: To read through the entire Bible. I bought one of those chronological Bibles before I left to read, and then my roommate invited me to read through the Bible in 90 days with her. If we begin on Sunday, we will finish the day before I return. Any takers out there? Here is the schedule...
    • 2: To begin running in order to train for a half marathon in February with my best friend Kristen. So far, so good... though "official" training doesn't begin until early December.
  • I love personality tests... love them. It may be indicative of my personality, go figure, but here is what mine says according to some application on Facebook. Reliable? Sure.

  • ENTJ ( The Executive )
    • Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

      Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

  • ENTJ Strengths
    • Genuinely interested in people's ideas and thoughts
    • Enthusiastic and energetic
    • Take their commitments very seriously
    • Fair-minded and interested in doing the Right Thing
    • Very good with money
    • Extremely direct and straightforward
    • Verbally fluent
    • Enhance and encourage knowledge and self-growth in all aspects of life
    • Able to leave relationships without looking back
    • Able to turn conflict situations into positive lessons
    • Able to take constructive criticism well
    • Extremely high standards and expectations (both a strength and a weakness)
    • Usually have strong affections and sentimental streaks
    • Able to dole out discipline
  • ENTJ Weaknesses
    • Their enthusiasm for verbal debates can make them appear argumentative
    • Tendency to be challenging and confrontational
    • Tend to get involved in "win-lose" conversations
    • Tendency to have difficulty listening to others
    • Tendency to be critical of opinions and attitudes which don't match their own
    • Extremely high standards and expectations (both a strength and a weakness)
    • Not naturally in tune with people's feelings and reactions
    • May have difficulty expressing love and affection, sometimes seeming awkward or inappropriate
    • Can be overpowering and intimidating to others
    • Tendency to want to always be in charge, rather than sharing responsibilities
    • Can be very harsh and intolerant about messiness or inefficiency
    • Tendency to be controlling
    • May be slow to give praise or to realize another's need for praise
    • If unhappy or underdeveloped, they may be very impersonal, dictatorial, or abrasive
    • Tendency to make hasty decisions
    • May explode with terrible tempers when under extreme stress
And... that's the way to end a post: "may explode with terrible tempers when under extreme stress".... I contemplated deleting that one, but then I thought that could be considered a "tendency to be controlling". You tell me. hah.

2 comments:

Haley said...

haha Josiah made me take that personality test yesterday... it got me pretty right on too...

and, since you asked, I'll join you in reading the Bible in 90 days! I'm kind of nervous, though! Reading 16 chapters of Genesis in one day is intense! Sometimes I get bored with some of the books... :/ but it would be a good challenge!

Are you just going to be reading or writing down things you learn as you read? I might write down characteristics of God that I find... hmm. man you got me excited..

haha love you!

Kristen said...

"May have difficulty expressing love and affection, sometimes seeming awkward or inappropriate"

i just laughed when i read that because i thought it was funny. gotta love these tests.