Monday, September 8, 2008

Dear Chai Latte, won't you be mine!?

So on Saturday I was given the opportunity to go to a Starbucks in San Miguel de Allende. We got to go swimming in some hot springs... small pools fed by hot spring water. It was nice and relaxing. We then spent Saturday afternoon walking around artisan shops and taking pictures. Also, as the title suggests, I was given the wonderful opportunity to go to Starbucks.

There are so many feelings that I have towards American multinational companies... we won't go there. We will go to the joy that can come from a sweet Chai Latte. Oh sweet goodness that it is.

To top off my American weekend... yesterday some of us went to the "mall" in town. It is equivalent to a Wal-Mart type store with a smaller version of a mall attached, with a cinema and a food court: including a McDonalds and a Subway. I went with Subway, for obvious reasons.

Turkey sandwich. Thank you.

The weather is chilly today and it was sprinkling on the 25 minute walk to school this morning. We figured that we walk for 2 hours everyday, going to and from home to the main parts of town.

Mexico... muy divertido. I will be heading to Puerto Vallarta this weekend for Mexican Independence Day (Sept. 16th). More to come on those adventures....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hurray for American capitalism spilling over into the unknowing naive countries of the world! THIS CRAP IS COMING FROM AMERICA!!!



oh and your welcome, i like to live vicariously through you. I have your blog as a bookmark so i won't forget to read about your wonderful life. And if it weren't for my computer telling me how to spell vicariously, i never would have been able to spell that word.

Jenn said...

hey, remember that time you got a cup that said "kimberly, the regular" hehe i loved that.