This morning we had a city tour and went to numerous places that I definitely will return as we were allowed off the bus for 15-20 minutes to solely take pictures of places. This city is wonderfully beautiful. It is spring here and so things are so green and blooming. The weather is warm, a good change from the cold of Lima... and will be a shock when I return in 34 days.
Some highlights of today's tour:
Recoleta... near the Cemetary where Eva Peron was buried. And has artistans who show up on weekends and holidays to sell their goods in tents... definitely will be returning here. There are these trees with beautiful purple flowers blooming everywhere!
Plaza de Mayo. The "center" of the town that stands as a memorial... more explanation to come.
San Telmo... can I say CULTURE. It was incredible... similar to Hollywood in California, people just set up shop doing random stuff to earn money. These people were playing awesome music on the street. They also have tons of different stands where people are selling stuff, lots of artisan items and what not. Definitely will return to this place.
La Boca... super cool bright buildings. Also the home to the best club soccer team here in Buenos Aires.
This is my university here in Buenos Aires. We start classes in the morning where I will be taking Advanced Conversation and Composition as well as Argentine Literature.
Well... thats all for now... Melissa comes in 13 days... more pictures will come from these places when I visit them with her! Yay!
4 comments:
ok well I was always a little jealous of everything you are getting to do, but now I am LEGIT jealous... haha. everything looks so great! I'm so excited for you!
I told you San Telmo would be cool - and they say especially on Sundays. La Boca's colors rock - and I so wish Boca Juniors were playing at home - whatever, as long as we get to see some teams play. I wasn't really enthused about Recoleta, but your pic makes me want to check it out. Guess we'll have plenty of time. YEA!!!
don't cry for me argentina....
i can't believe you are already there!! seeing how quickly your time is going by makes me realize how fast things are flying by here too! I can't wait to hear more about Argentina!!
Post a Comment