Monday, December 15, 2008

back in the USA!

As suggested by the title and the over zealous countdown I had going in my former posts, I am back in the United States of America. And yes, it is as wonderful as I had imagined. Be it the wonderful greeting in the airport by friends and family (which definitely brought tears) or the wonderful fires and hot chocolate, or the actual cold weather and Christmas music... I am loving being home.

As promised, I have highlight photos from my trip! Here they are... captions and all... enjoy!
Claudia, Me, and Gloria... my family from Mexico. The Cervantes family...
Nancy, Me, and Ketty... host mom and sister in Peru. They took us out to eat the 4th week we were there. It was wonderful! They were wonderful! I miss them a lot actually. Teryn, Susana, Me... our last night in Argentina. Teryn and I took our host mom, Susana, out to eat. Please note the Christmas tree to the left... also note our short sleeves (That is one reason I am glad to be home)
My dear friend Jessie took this photo of me at Machu Picchu. Of all the photos I am in from that day, this is one of my favorites because it was basically how I looked the entire day. I have 251 pictures from that day. And everyone is so unique to me in its own way. I just like this photo a lot. It is from our trip to Iguazu Falls. The bee just was hovering for such a long period of time, it helped me get the photo. Thanks Mr. Bee.
A butterfly shot. Easily a favorite for me. I took this one afternoon we were at an estancia having BBQ and relaxing. The butterfly lingered for a long while... I enjoyed it thoroughly. From a tribe we went to Sunday morning of Iguazu trip. This boy was just precious.
Cusco, Peru. The Plaza Mayor (or main plaza in town). The flags are the traditional Inca flag on the left and the Peruvian flag on the right. The main cathedral. The fountain which sits in the center of the plaza. I just really like the water and the colors and how everything is included.

So there are some of my favorite photos from the trip! If you are ever with me, ask to see my soon to be photo album, though it will mainly contain my more artistic photos and not so much a play by play of the semester... I can give that as well if you would like. :)

Glad to be home. Text me! Let's be face to face friends again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to be your face to face friend again! Oh snap, your leaving today for C Stat! Such is life in Kimberly World!