Saturday, December 13, 2008

heading home...

It is a bit surreal that I am writing the post titled, "heading home..." Starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. I will begin seeing tons of people whom I know so well and love so deeply on a very regular basis. I will begin receiving text messages and voice mails on the phone I haven't used in 16 weeks (feel free to leave me voice mails so I can have some when I turn my phone on tomorrow!). I will drive my car around the state of Texas. I won't have to speak in Spanish unless I want to. I will sleep in a home that really is my "home." All of those things are just so hard to believe...

Teryn and I took our host mom out to dinner last night, and we were talking (yes, in Spanish) about how fast the time has gone and yet how incredibly slow it has felt at times. I remember thinking at different times this semester how I wish time would pass much faster. And yet, I know that each and every moment on this trip has taught me things. I wouldn't trade this semester for anything... the incredible highs and hard lows.

I leave Latin America tonight... for the first time in 16 weeks. 16 weeks really doesn't sound all that long. Though each week served a purpose in my life. There are so many reasons I am excited to come home... really, hundreds. And yet I do love these countries deeply. They each have such different things I love about them. I am so grateful for this experience. Incredibly, incredibly grateful.

I will continue posting... especially with my life still in so much transition, from coming home to Christmas break festivities to a final semester of college and who knows what after May. I love blogging and hope you enjoy following my life.

... and I promise "highlight" photos as soon as I am in a place with consistent internet connection! See you soon!

1 comment:

Haley said...

YOU'RE HOME YOU'RE HOME YOU'RE HOME!! :)